Review: Puma Fenty Creepers

November 15, 2016

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I were in downtown San Francisco doing a bit of shopping. We decided to stop by Neiman Marcus for dinner (they have the cutest little cafe!). Unfortunately, the cafe was only opened for lunch so we decided to make our way to the Cheesecake Factory at Union Square instead. On our way out of the store, we stumbled upon the shoe department! (*Cue heart eye emoji!*)

IMG_1223_picmonkeyed.JPG

Most of the shoes that they sell are usually designer brands, but I like browsing and checking out the styles anyways, as you can very much tell by my Pinterest shoe board. (I’m just a bit obsessed!) While I was lusting over all the expensive shoes I couldn’t afford, I stumbled upon the adidas and Puma section. I wasn’t expecting anything spectacular, by low and behold, tucked away on the bottom shelf, my eyes found the Puma Fenty Creepers!! I had been trying without any success on purchasing a pair, but they always sold out so darn quickly!

I immediately went to try on two different pairs, the Black and White pair, and the Black with the Brown gum bottom sole. While I did try on both and asked my boyfriend a million times for his opinion on the colors, I decided on the Black with Brown. I had already owned several pairs or black and white shoes in my lifetime and had never had anything with the gum bottom sole so that’s how I decided!

IMG_1221_picmonkeyed.JPG

After owning and wearing the shoes for a few weeks, here are my thoughts:

Pros & Cons:

Pros:
  1. I love how the platform bottom gives the sneaker an “elevated” look! (Heheh, yes pun intended.) The golden touches on the aglet and Puma logos gives the shoe a luxurious touch, while the contrasting black suede and brown platform gives off a very cool and effortless street style vibe. The overall aesthetic of the shoe is a win in my book.

  1. I’m not short by any Asian girl standards, but it’s always a plus when my shoes can help elongate my legs. The platform gives you about an inch of extra height, without the height causing any major issues with comfort.

  1. The wearability of the shoe is also something I have come to appreciate. I’ve seen this sneaker styled with a whole array of clothing options from your typical jeans, tee, and bomber jacket to midi skirts and blouses! Lots of different style combo’s can be worn with these shoes :)

IMG_1217_picmonkeyed.JPG


Cons:

  1. The sizing and fit of the shoe can be very hit or miss. For example, I typically wear about a size 7.5 in US women’s sizing. However, the size 7.5 felt pretty big, and my heel would slip out when I was walking around in them at the store. I also tried the size 7, but it felt way too tight. The sales woman let me know that a lot of customers dealt with that problem, and her best advice was to tighten the laces and wear slightly thicker socks, which is exactly what I do when I wear them. I would definitely recommend trying these on in store if it’s possible!!

  1. I also wouldn’t say that these are my most comfortable pair of sneakers. Again, I think this might be a slight issue with sizing. Although I have a medium width foot, the shoe tends to run a little narrow in my opinion. This caused the front of the shoe to be a little tight but not unbearably so.

  1. The availability of the shoes also earns a spot on the “con” list. It took me a few weeks to track down this style of shoe. (Nasty Gal sold out of the navy and light blue pair I first wanted so quickly!!) It might also be one of the reasons why the shoe is so popular since we all seem to want things we can never have :p .

IMG_1220_picmonkeyed.JPG

Overall, the Puma Fenty Creepers are a beautiful and unique pair of shoes! If you’re on the market for a platform sneaker, I would highly recommend these for the overall aesthetic and easy stylability. (P.S. I recently also saw that it’s been listed as the “2016 Shoe of the Year.”)

Have you been able to get your hands on a pair of creepers? What are your thoughts on the shoes?

You Might Also Like

0 comments