GIRL, WYA?!

February 7, 2018

Hey all,


It has definitely been a while! (Oh y’know, just 10 months to be exact .. but who’s counting?!) I started off last year SO on fire for blogging, and I had all these great big goals and ideas on where I wanted to go with my blog. My main goal was to have fun with my blog by documenting my life, while also improving on my writing and photography skills :)

Unfortunately, a mixture of life and laziness got in the way.. Whelp, let me catch you up on  a snippet of what my life has looked like these past 10 months!

1. I did a lot of traveling last year! A mix of fun vacations as well as work trips made for many air miles logged. I was fortunate enough to visit Portland Oregon for the first time as a celebratory trip for my sister’s graduation! Other places included: Los Angeles, CA (twice!), Las Vegas, NV, Tokyo, Japan, Hong Kong and Macau, China. I’m going to make it a goal to start taking more photos on vacation, since I didn’t do that very much last year :(

A post shared by ♡Christie Lee (@christiexleee) on

Cute little tea shop in our hotel! They had the BEST scones ever!
2. I got a promotion at work! I’m not going to lie, but it was probably the scariest, nerve wracking, and most ambitiously ADULT thing I ever had to do .. not taking on the duties, but ASKING for the promotion! A lot of craziness went down at work, and I basically had to take over the duties of our previous marketing manager. I figured I shouldn’t be doing all that extra work without receiving some sort of compensation. For a very non-confrontational person, it was definitely a v. tough situation where I had to put on a “brave” front! Here are some articles to help you prep if you ever find yourself in the same situation: here, here, and here.


3. I started learning how to skateboard! My boyfriend gifted me with a beautiful 31” Prism Cruiser. I fell in love with the board and embarked on my journey on re-learning how to skate! Everything was perfect .. up until I was rolling down a slope and got my wheel caught on a rock! I flew off my board and ended up scraping my right thigh pretty badly :( It was nearly impossible to wear jeans or pants for the next week .. lol. With that said, I was pretty shaken up and had a hard time getting back on a board again .. BUT THEN I was introduced to e-boards. Say what? Boards that push you at speeds of 25 MPH and had a manual brake?! SIGN ME UP!


A post shared by ♡Christie Lee (@christiexleee) on

Me attempting to pose for a "candid" pic (lol) featuring my Nuff e-longboard

I hope that gives you some insight on what my life had been consisting of the last year! It doesn’t really feel like it on a day to day basis, but looking back now, I did grow up a lot this past year :) I did some new things that pushed me out of my comfort zone and learned some new skills

I don’t want to make any guarantees about the amount of times I will start posting on my blog yet, as I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate my own schedule .. but I do plan on posting more often than I did last year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments