OPI: Samoan Sand

February 20, 2016


I've always found painting my nails to be a fun way to de-stress and wind down after a long week. As a child, I remember watching my mother paint her nails and begging her to paint mine the same vivid shade of red. If you know me personally, you'll know that I've always tended to favor bolder polish colors. Vibrant hues? Interesting textures? GLITTER?! Yes, yes, and YAAAS! 



As much as I love my bold and vibrant hues, I've been all about the neutrals and solids this year. For this week's color, I decided to try out OPI's "Samoan Sand," which was gifted to me by a dear friend for Christmas! I started off my mani with Butter London's "Horse Power Nail Fertilizer." This product was a deluxe sample that I received as a gift-with-purchase from Nordstrom. I like to use this product as a base coat, as it also helps to keep my nails from chipping and breaking. After drying, I applied three coats of the OPI Nail Lacquer directly on top and finished up with OPI's Top Coat. 


The final result! I really like the color because it's a natural nude that doesn't end up washing the color out of my hands out, making them appear gray. If you stop with two coats, its more a brown-nude, but after applying the third coat, it's more of a pinky-brown color. Personally, I like the color the polish gives off after three coats. It's a beautifully neutral color that helps enhance your nails in the most understated way!

What're your favorite neutral toned polishes?

You Might Also Like

0 comments