Songs of the Moment!

October 22, 2016

Hey all,

Back at it again with another post, and this time, it’s about the top 3 songs I’ve been loving this moment! Without further ado, let’s jump right in!


Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, Porter Robinson & Madeon released their song “Shelter” late this summer right before announcing their joint North American tour. (Fun fact: The tour announcement came one day before Porter’s album “Worlds” turned 2 years old! How awesome is that?!) Shelter has an incredibly catchy and infectious melody accompanied by comforting lyrics. My favorite phrase come from the 2nd verse:

“When I’m older, I’ll sit silent beside you
I know words won’t be enough
& they won’t need to know the names on our faces
But they will carry on for us.”


Their song’s accompanying animation is also beautifully made! (Shoutout to Crunchyroll and A-1 animations for partnering!) I was literally counting down the days and obsessing over the video’s release with my boyfriend and sister, which was kind of odd since I have never felt so excited about an artist’s upcoming work. The story and animation of the video blew me away! Without spoiling too much of the video, the story follows Rin as she navigates and creates her own world after her father tries to save her from the end of the world. I feel like I could write about Porter Robinson’s music forever, but for now I’ll stop here!



The next song I’ve been listening to non-stop is Koni’s remix of Adele’s “Send My Love.” I had already loved this song by Adele, but the song quickly got old for me, as the radio started over playing and beating it to death. (Why must radio stations always play the same 5 songs?!) However, hearing Koni’s remix was like a breath of fresh air! He brought on singer Bailey Pelkman to do the cover of the lyrics (who has amazing vocals btw!) The result?! An upbeat, fun, and tropical twist onto Adele’s original.



I’ve been hooked on to his remixes ever since I discovered him a week and a half ago. With a following of 58.2K on Soundcloud, this German producer takes popular songs, such as “Starboy - the Weeknd ft. Daft Punk” and “Cold Water - Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber”, and mixes them to soothing tropical melodies for a fun refreshing twist on tired overplayed radio hits. Check out his Soundcloud page here!

Let’s switch gears here and venture off into the international Hip Hop/Rap scene. South Korean artist, CL, is widely known as the rapper in the famous k-pop group 2NE1. To be quite honest, I’d never really gotten too into the whole k-pop fandom, but I had to admit, I was equal parts impressed and confused the first time I heard her collaboration with Mad Decent’s: Diplo, Riff Raff, and OG Marco on the track “Dr. Pepper.” Click here to read the hilarious backstory to the song, and you’ll see why. (Lulz, many people assumed it had to do with making lean!)

The rap lyrics itself in “Lifted” isn’t anything groundbreaking or deep, but it’s upbeat and catchy sample, along with her rap flow, really captivates me. I can imagine blasting this song in the car on a sunny drive through the city. I’m also really digging the tough Asian girl street vibes that she gives off in this video, which I am all about! I’m always proud when I see a fellow Asian break out into the hip hop scene!




Anyways, those are my top three songs of the moment! Feel free to follow me on my Soundcloud to check out other music I’ve been enjoying and leave your account down below, as I’m always trying to find new people to follow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments