#GOALS!!

December 29, 2016

If you follow me on my Instagram account, you’ll know that I celebrated my 24th birthday yesterday! Another year older and another year wiser :) With that said, it now means that the end of the year is approaching. I know many people roll their eyes nowadays when it comes to New Year’s Resolutions, but I personally love them! I mean, there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to continually improve and work on yourself! I feel like as long as you’re being realistic with your expectations and the amount of work you’re able to put into achieving them, resolutions can be a great opportunity for self betterment! I’m going to keep my resolutions short and sweet, since I want them to be attainable. The trick is to make goals and to align them with an action plan to help you achieve them!



Without further ado, here are my 2017 goals!
1. Read More Often
Why: Expand my Worldview/Gain Knowledge
How: Read at least one book per month
During my senior year of college in 2015, I was able to find time to read books for fun since I had a lighter course load during my last semester. I’m no longer in school anymore (although hopefully I will be soon)! I feel like knowledge is something that I must actively seek out, since it’s no longer being spoon fed to me via my professors or through textbooks and assignments. This upcoming year I want to improve my writing skills and expand upon my vocabulary, (along with the “Read” section of my goodreads account!, heheh). and what better way to do that then by giving myself a goal of reading one book per month?!


2. Take Care of my Health
Why: Physical Self-Care
How: Meatless Monday’s & Working out 2x a week
As much as it pains me to say this, a healthy body isn’t something that just comes to me anymore, it’s something I have to strive for! Also unless someone comes up with a way to transplant our soul + brain into a new body, we only get to have one body in our lifetime. Why not take the time out to care for the one we’re given? :) I know this will payoff in the long run when I’m older. I used to be able to inhale an entire pizza by myself and run 5K with minimal discomfort and pain. Unfortunately, that is just not the case anymore! If I tried doing either of those things now, my body gets very angry at me. I’m lucky to have a gym in the building where my office is so I will take advantage of using at least twice a week!


3. Consistent Blogging
Why: New Adventures/Foster Creativity
How: Create a Blogging Plan/Calendar
I feel like this blog has really been a great gateway into trying new experiences. Without life experiences, there would be no blog! With that said, I am going to try to come up with a blogging schedule that I find easy to stick to. I tried to post once a week, but I realized that I didn’t have a plan to keep myself organized, and in the end, I felt very frustrated by the sheer amount of work that comes with creating a post. I’m sure once I come up with a schedule to stick by it will be much easier to have consistent posts. For 2017, I want to be able to blog more about my festival/concert experiences, travel plans, and journal posts complete with little snippets into my own life experiences. I’m feeling very optimistic about this resolution!

As you can tell, 2017 is a year of working on mental, physical, and creative improvements! I’m ready for a new year and fresh start! Thank you to those who have been following my little blog this year, and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for all of us! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments