~These are a Few of My Favorite Things!~

December 18, 2016

IMG_6420.JPG


I feel like I’ve been losing a little momentum when it comes to updating my blog lately, but I’m going to try my best to get back on track! I went on vacation in November with my family to Los Angeles, and since I’ve been back, I’ve mostly just been focusing on studying for my GRE test. There are some days where I’m super unmotivated to study, and it really stresses me out. Hopefully, after this test is done, I’ll have more time to dedicate to my blog again!


Luckily, I had a little free time this week and decided to catch up with my blogger reading list! My favorite UK blogger, Dorkface, did a post on: 10 Festive Things I’m Looking Forward To, which inspired me to do my own list of my 10 favorite things about December!


10 Things I Love in December:
  1. Peppermint Hot Cocoa
  • Words cannot express how much I LOVE hot cocoa!! A barista at Starbucks once told me that they actually carry peppermint syrup all year round, but I always wait until December to order my beloved Peppermint Hot Cocoa! There’s something so warm and comforting about holding a hot drink while holiday shopping through the city. <3
  1. Baking
  • I love the warmth that radiates from the kitchen oven, as well as the sweet sweet smell of baked goods! My favorite cookies to bake and share in the winter have to be Snickerdoodles and Fudge Brownies.
  1. Christmas Music
  • My personal favorite Christmas albums come from Justin Bieber, Pentatonix, Mariah Carey, and Michael Buble! If you live in the Bay Area like I do, another favorite is KOIT 96.5FM’s radio station, since they play Christmas music 24/7! The music always puts in me in a happy and festive mood :)
  1. Glitter & Sparkles
  • Everything is so bright and shiny during the holidays! This includes everything from holiday decor to shiny glittery New Year’s Eve ensembles. In the past, I’ve always let people talk me out of buying sparkly clothes. “When are you EVER going to wear this again, Christie?!” WHELP, this year I put my foot down and bought myself a shiny gold midi skirt, and no one was there to talk me out of it, lulz.
  1. Christmas Lights
  • One of my favorite places in the Bay Area to check out is Chestnut Street in South San Francisco. You definitely won’t regret going out there! The residents put so much time and effort into making their houses beautiful. Another great place to go to during Christmas season is downtown San Francisco. My sister and I will be heading down there at the end of the month so expect lots of photos :)
  1. Gift Shopping
  • I absolutely love gift shopping for my friends and family! I pride myself on being able to read people very well and am always really excited to see how much they love their presents.
  1. Gift Wrapping
  • My mom is the KWEEN of gift wrapping! Although I’m not as talented as her, I find gift wrapping to my strangely therapeutic. I blast my favorite jams, and all time seems to cease to exist. It’s just me, my music, and festive wrapping paper!
  1. Holiday Dinners
  • Growing up, my parents have always had a love of entertaining people in our home. This year is no exception. Our family will be hosting a couple of different dinners, and I have a bunch of games ready to go! I’m also so ready for the holiday feasts!
  1. Video Games
  • I usually don’t play video games often, but for some reason whenever December rolls around I tend to play a lot of “party games” with guests that come over to our house. I’m no hardcore gamer, but I love playing any “party” type games such as Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, or simple games that involve multiple players. I love the fun and competitive spirit! My sister and I are hoping to start a Christmas video game tradition at our house.
10. Champagne and Bubbly
  • December is also my birthday month so it means lots of meals shared with friends and family, and with meals, comes pretty champagne and bubbly drinks!

I know 2016 has been a pretty rough year for a lot of people, including myself. December always cheers me up, since it’s like a mini reminder to make the most of the year while it’s still here! Anyways, I’d love to hear about some of the things you’re looking forward to doing for the remainder of the year :) !! Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments