Creating a Cozy Bedroom

January 15, 2017

It’s safe to say that as an introvert, I spend most of my free time hanging out in my room. I do everything from scour the web for interesting YouTube videos, work on my blog, and even do Blogilates, in my room! With all that time spent in my room, I’m always trying to think of new ways to make my space as comfortable and as cozy as possible!

IMG_6624.JPG

Here’s are my favorite basic tips for cozying up a bedroom:

1. Invest in the Perfect Bed
  • We spend a huge portion of our lives asleep so let’s make sure we’re getting the best rest we can! I’ve had my tiny twin sized bed since I was basically 7 so I knew it was definitely time for an upgrade! I was lucky enough to have my parents buy me a brand new bed frame and mattress for my birthday/Christmas present last year. (Thanks mom and dad!) I got some soft cotton flannel sheets as a treat to myself and strung up some fairy lights to give my room a warm glow. It’s great because it also doubles up as a night light so you don’t trip and fall all over yourself :)

2. Candles
  • Yes I know this tip is probably super basic, but I think it’s still worth mentioning! I believe that scents can really help de-stress and set the mood for any room. My current favorite is from Target “Pink Magnolia”, although I do believe that this scent is now discontinued :( I like it how the scent light and sweet, without being overpowering. I also like how it casts a warm glow at night. (Noticing a pattern here? :P) I bought a huge tub so it should last me for quite some time, but please let me know if you guys have any recommendations! I tend to like light fruity or light floral scents.

IMG_6625.JPG

3. De-clutter!!
  • In order to keep your room comfortable and cozy, you cannot neglect the cleanliness! One thing that I’ve really been trying to be mindful of is how much space my “stuff” takes in my room. I’ve been trying to get rid of items that are no longer useful to me or items that no longer “spark joy.” If I do purchase something, I try to think about the longevity of the item, in terms of how long it will be useful to me. I also just hate the appearance of a cluttered and messy room in general so I try to make it a point to spend at least 2 minutes a day putting away clothes or cleaning something :)

I strongly believe that these three super simple tips can make a world of a difference in your house or room! As always please feel free to share any of your tips or tricks in the comments below :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments