Nike Air Max Zero: Tokyo

June 12, 2016


This post is long over due (about 2 months!), but when I first saw that these shoes were going to be released as part of Nike's Women's City Collection, I knew I had to get my hands on these! In honor of Nike's Air Max day, which happens every year on March 26th, the world renowned sneaker company launched a Spring 2016 collection based off of 5 international cities: New York, Paris, Shanghai, London, and Tokyo. You can learn more about the inspiration behind the collection, as well as take a peek at the other cities' designs here.




I instantly fell in love with the "Tokyo" design that was launched within the collection. First of all, the overall aesthetic of the shoe is so simple yet chic. I'm a huge fan of the strong contrast that the navy blue Japanese "waves" brings to the shoe against the light blush pink color.

As for the actual functionality and comfortability of the shoe, this sneaker has earned two big thumbs up from me! The shoe itself wears more like a pull on/slip on shoe. The construction of the shoe is reminiscent of a sock, whereas there isn't really a "tongue" to the shoe. With that being said, the laces on this particular style of shoe doesn't really serve too much of a purpose other than for looks.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with my purchase and can see myself wearing these throughout the rest of the summer!

What's your current favorite sneaker?

You Might Also Like

0 comments