2016 Summer Time Favorites

August 28, 2016




Wow, can you believe it's almost September?! This summer definitely flew by!

Although i don't feel like I've had quite as adventurous of a summer this year, due to the fact that I am now a "big girl" with adult responsibilities (aka a full time job), here is a quick snippet of things that I have enjoyed these past few months:

1. Exercise: The Great Outdoors

I'll be the first to admit, I used to hate running outdoors just because it was just so damn hard! Running on a treadmill is physically easier (or at least it is for me :) ), but this summer, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful SF weather.




LOL SIKE. San Francisco knows no summer weather, but it is important to take advantage of the city's beautiful landscape. After all, we are paying a pretty penny to live here. Moving my running outdoors has proved to be beneficial in different ways. One, it's given me a break from fighting over the gym's hopeless parking situation. Two, I am no longer having to wait for a treadmill to open up :) Lastly, it's given me a greater appreciation for SF's foggy nature. Who knew there were so many different plants planted along the lake?



2. Music: The Chainsmokers

Oh man, oh man. Where do I even begin? I'll have to admit, I used to think the Chainsmokers were THEE most obnoxious duo to ever grace the EDM/festival stage. That all changed when I first heard their song "roses" a few months back. Fast forward to 2016 after their early year hit "Don't Let Me Down," came their summer closing song "Closer."

"Closer" is an infectiously catchy song that reminds me of lost love that is found again. Also, their lyric video has major summer vibes. Agh, this is such a cute song to close out the summer. Check out their lyric video below! 





3. Anime: Psycho-Pass

"Hold up, whaaa?!" Yes folks, you read that correctly, ya girl does like to indulge in the occasional anime series, haha.

This series follows the protagonist Akane Tsunemori as she starts her career as an Inspector. In a futuristic dystopian Japan, where the government is constantly watching and evaluating your thoughts, emotions, and personality, is it possible to still hold on to your sense of individuality, autonomy, and morals? Will you be brutally executed by the government issued Dominators?

This series is interesting as it makes you question how a society operates, and just how much or how little control a government should have when it comes to leading and protecting their citizens. It



What are some of things you've enjoyed the most this summer? Also a big shout out to my sister for taking my opening photo :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments