Mini Review: Givenchy Small Antigona!

September 9, 2016

Hey all, happy Friday!!


For this week’s post, I wanted to do a mini review of the Givenchy Small Antigona purse. I’ve been using this bag everyday for about 3 months now and wanted to share my thoughts and opinions with you all!


First of all, this bag will always hold a special place in my heart! This is my very first “big girl” designer hand bag purchase. After landing my first full time job and working for a whole year, I decided it was time for the big splurge! I wanted my first big purchase to be something that would be practical enough to use on a everyday basis.


After doing some research and talking to my friends and co-workers, one of my co-workers suggested the Antigona bag. Everything about this bag was perfect! I really liked the shape and size of the bag. Unfortunately, most places I checked didn’t have the bag in the color and texture that I wanted available in stores, so I decided to order the bag online. I currently own the Small Antigona in the color black with the Sugar Leather.


Without further ado, here are some of the Pros and Cons of the bag:

Pros:

  1. My Ideal Size!
I try not to carry too much inside my bag on a day-to-day basis because i don’t like lugging around a heavy purse, but it’s always nice to have the option if you ever needed to. I can easily fit a small water bottle and my iPad inside this bag with no issues!

  1. Structure
I was a little skeptical when I first received the bag in the mail because of how structured it was. It seemed very hard and rough, which was something I was completely not used to. Now that I’ve been using the bag for a few months, I actually really like how the bag will remain in its shape no matter how full or empty it is, as some purses tend to look really flat or saggy if you don’t fill it up. The handles and straps on this bag are also really well made. I never have to worry that the handles or straps will fall apart on me, even on the days where I decide to throw a small water bottle, my lunch, and iPad into it :P

  1. Sugar Leather
If you decide to purchase this bag, I would highly recommend buying it in the sugar leather, especially if you very accident prone! I tend to bump and run into things all the time! (Why am I such a clutz?!!) Since the sugar leather is very tough and sturdy, I don’t have too many issues with my bag getting scratched up or left behind with unsightly marks!


Cons:


  1. Strap Length
My #1 woe about this bag is the strap. I feel like the strap that comes with the bag is a pretty awkward length. It’s too short to actually use in a “satchel” style (aka my favorite way to carry a purse!)  The strap also doesn’t detach from the bag either, which I thought was a little unusual. Personally I think the strap serves as more of an aesthetic than function, but whenever my hands are full or I’m just being downright lazy, I’ll still use the strap regardless :) However, the strap does drape really nicely when you hold it by the two handles.

  1. Structure
Again this is something that I personally don’t mind, but I have seen some other reviews where people mention how they don’t like how the boxy/bulky the bag looks when it lays again their body.

  1. Price Point
This bag is definitely a bit of a splurge so I urge you to check it out in person before buying it! I will say that the bag is very well made in terms of the stitching, lining, and overall design, but I can see how the price point might deter some from buying!



    Overall, I’m still very pleased with my first designer handbag purchase and am probably not going to be on the market for a new one anytime soon! So tell me, what was your first handbag purchase? And which one of your bags are your favorite?!

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments