Autumn: Vampy Vibes

September 23, 2016

Hello to my lovely readers!


By the time this post is up, I’m most likely going to be on a plane to Asia. I didn’t want to leave my little blog unattended so I will have a few scheduled posts coming up for the next two weeks! I will be visiting Hong Kong, Macau, Tokyo, and Guangzhou with my family. (Expect a future post about my travels!)



Autumn is officially upon us, and I’m super excited for this season! Autumn means brisk cold walks in the evening, stomping around on crunchy leaves, and last but not least: rocking beautiful wine & berry toned colors! For this week’s post, I wanted to do a mini review on Essie’s “Bahama Mama” nail color and MAC’s Velvetease Lip Pencil in “Velvet Teen.”

I typically don’t change up my makeup routine too much from day to day, but I do like to swap out my lippies and rotate my nail polish colors. In anticipation for the fall, I looked through my makeup stash for anything that would help me channel my inner “Vampire Goddess” and that’s when I stumbled upon Essie’s “Bahama Mama” nail color along with MAC’s Velvetease Lip Pencil in Velvet Teen :P




I’m really enjoying this Essie nail color! It’s a gorgeous jewel toned burgundy with a purple undertone (although it does look a little more red in my photo). I’ve never had a problem with Essie polishes, as they usually have great color payoff and dry beautifully! I also think this color pairs quite beautifully with gold rings and bracelets! All in all, I would highly recommend this color and think it would go well with most skin tones :)




I had purchased MAC’s Velvet Teen during last year’s holiday season but only remember wearing the color once before I thought I had lost it. It turns out it was hidden in one of my sock drawers…?! (How odd! How did it even get in there?!) After wearing the color for a few days, I’ve come to the realization that although the color is pretty, it’s extremely drying, as with most matte lip colors, and somewhat difficult to apply. I think this may have been one of the contributing factors as to why I so easily forgot about this lippie when I thought I had lost it!





I ended up apply my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Exorcism over the MAC Lip Pencil, and it helped ever so slightly to restore some of the moisture back to my lips! It also helped with the patchiness of the lip pencil. Overall I think the MAC lip pencil is great color but works better when used in conjunction with something like a gloss or lipstick. I wouldn’t recommend wearing the product on it’s own, unless you have amazingly smooth and moisturized lips :)


What’re some of your favorite fall colors to wear? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments